The ATEN Modular Matrix Solution Series comprises the VM1600A/VM3200 Modular Matrix Switch in tandem with a range of hot-swappable I/O boards. The solution offers real-time control and advanced access to manage 16/32 video sources and 16/32 displays simultaneously, through modular I/O boards in a single chassis. Empowered by ATEN Seamless Switch™ technology, the VM1600A/VM3200 video matrix switches incorporate a speed-progressive video switching function and a unique scaler that integrates seamlessly with video wall systems.
The ATEN Modular Matrix Solution is easily expandable and ideal for large-scale A/V applications such as broadcasting stations, traffic and transportation-related control rooms, emergency service centers, and any application that requires customizable, high-speed A/V signal routing.
Boasting a sophisticated and intuitive design to deliver the best audio/visual distribution and control, reliability and lowest maintenance costs, the solution also incorporates ATEN’s Red Dot Award-winning GUI that can be accessed from anywhere over a network or the internet. Configuring a video wall or digital signage installation has never been easier.
- 1x VM1600A Modular Matrix Switch
- 1x Power Cord
- 1x Terminal Block connector
- 1x Fan Module (pluggable)
- 1x Power Module (pluggable)
- 1x User Instructions
- Connects any of 16 video sources to any of 16 displays in combination with ATEN Modular Matrix I/O Boards
- Multiple means for system configuration including front-panel pushbuttons, RS-232/422/485 control, and Ethernet connections for web GUI or Telnet
- 4K resolutions –up to UHD (3840 x 2160) and DCI (4096 x 2160) with refresh rates of 30 Hz (4:4:4) and 60 Hz (4:2:0)*
- Scaler –features a (4K) video scaling function to convert input resolutions to the display’s native resolutions*
- Seamless Switch™ –features close-to-zero second switching for continuous video streams, real-time switching, and stable signal transmissions*
- Video wall –allows you to create custom video wall layouts via intuitive web GUI*
- Calendar-based scheduling –plays connection profiles that synchronized with real-time clock
- EDID Expert –selects optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display, and use of the best resolutions across different screens
- Audio-enabled –HDMI audio can be extracted and stereo audio can be embedded*
- Bi-directional RS-232 channel – allows you to control the connected serial devices simultaneously through the web GUI
- Supports redundant power module for higher reliability
- Hot-swappable design for easy integration of I/O boards, fan module, and power supplies
- HDCP 2.2 Compatible*
- HDMI: 3D, Deep Color, 4K*
- Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) supported*
- Rack mountable (6U design)
1. The availability of the features with “*”depends on which I/O board is inserted.
2. When Seamless Switch™ is enabled, 3D, Deep Color, or interlace (i.e., 1080i) formats will not be supported. To use these formats, make sure to disable Seamless Switch™.
3. Videos may not display within range when Seamless Switch™ or Video Wall is enabled, in which case please adjust the display settings on your device.
|Board Output||4 x Slot|
|Board Input||4 x Slot|
|Interfaces||Depends on which I/O board is inserted|
|Max. Data Rate||15.2 Gbps (3.8Gbps per Lane)|
|Input||Depends on which Input board is inserted|
|Output||Depends on which Output board is inserted|
|RS-232||Connector: 1 x DB-9 Female (Black)
Serial Control Pin Configurations:
Pin2 = Tx, Pin 3=Rx, Pin 5= Gnd
Baud Rate and Protocol:
Baud Rate:19200, Data Bits:8, Stop Bits:1, Parity: No, Flow Control: No
|RS-485/RS-422||Connector: 1 x Captive Screw Connector, 5 Pole|
|Ethernet||Connector: 1 x RJ-45 Female|
|EDID Settings||EDID Mode: Default / Port1 / Remix / Customized (EDID Wizard support)|
|Power||1 x 3-Prong AC Socket|
|Maximum Input Power Rating||100-240 VAC; 50/60Hz; 3/6 A|
|Power Consumption||460W (Max.)
*A power module can be purchased for power redundancy.
|Fan||Airflow: 55.2 cfm
Operating Voltage: 10.2 - 12VDC
Operating Temp: -10 - 60°C
|Operating Temperature||0 - 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 - 60°C|
|Humidity||0 - 80% RH, Non-Condensing|
|Weight||15.11 kg ( 33.28 lb )|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||48.20 x 46.66 x 26.59 cm
(18.98 x 18.37 x 10.47 in.)
|Carton Lot||1 pc|
|Note||For some of rack mount products, please note that the standard physical dimensions of WxDxH are expressed using a LxWxH format.|