The ATEN Professional Online UPS is an exceptional and innovative electrical apparatus that provides emergency power to a load when the input power source, or the mains, fails. The basic technology of an online UPS is the same as in a standby or line-interactive UPS, however, the ATEN Professional Online UPS provides a much greater current of AC-to-DC battery-charger/rectifier where the rectifier and inverter are designed to run continuously with improved cooling systems.
In all our years of working with computers, we’ve found the vast majority of hardware failures can be directly attributed to the stress hardware components experience during the shut-down and startup process, especially if power surges or blackouts are involved. With severe weather, the aging electrical grid, and hazards lurk inside your own walls, your equipment is under constant attack from power problems. Even a brief loss of power, sags, or a momentary surge can ruin your equipment and destroy irreplaceable data. Desktop computers don’t have batteries built-in like laptops do. If you are working on a desktop during a power outage, the system would come to an immediate halt. Not only would you lose your work, but the process imposes unnecessary stress on your machine.
If a UPS is present and a power loss occurs, the batteries in the UPS would keep the power steady and unchanged. The ATEN Professional Online UPS adjusts incoming AC power, provides battery backup to pass through most outages, and saves open files automatically. When power is restored, the UPS begins recharging its batteries.
The Online UPS unit continuously filters wall power through the battery system. Since the attached electronics run completely off the battery (that are always topped off by the external power supply), there is never a single millisecond of power interruption when there is power loss or voltage regulation issues. The Online UPS unit thus acts as an electronic firewall between your devices and the outside world by stabilizing all the electricity to which your devices are exposed.
The UPS has one USB port and one Serial port that allow connection and communication between the UPS and the connected computer. Power management software installed on the connected computer(s) gives IT professionals the tools they need to easily monitor and manage their backup power. This advanced software allows users to access vital UPS battery conditions, load levels, and runtime information as well as provide unattended shut down of network computers and virtual machines connected to a battery backup during a power event.
The ATEN Professional Online UPS offers you a different way to access detailed UPS settings and information with an LCD screen. The illuminated LCD screen displays input voltage, battery capacity, etc. and includes a three-button configuration interface and audible alarms for different modes of operation.
Note: When any battery pack, provided or purchased separately, is not in use, please recharge it for 4 ~ 6 hours every 3 ~ 6 months.
- 1x Online UPS
- 1x Rack Mounting Kit
- 1x Rail Slide Kit
- 1x RS-232 Cable
- 1x USB Type A to B Cable
- 1x Tower Stand set (4 pcs)
- 1x User Instructions
- Output voltage regulation < 1% – Provides higher performance and efficiency for critical applications.
- Programmable power management outlets – Users can easily and independently control load segments. During power failure, this feature enables users to extend battery time to mission-critical devices by shutting down noncritical devices.
- Emergency Power Off function (EPO) – EPO connector at rear panel allows emergency UPS Power Off from a remote location.
- SNMP + USB + RS-232 multiple communications – Allows either USB or RS-232 communication ports to work with SNMP interface simultaneously.
- Hot swappable battery design – All potential UPS maintenance, including complete power module exchange, can be performed without powering down connected equipment. As long as utility power is on, you can leave the UPS and connected equipment on while replacing the battery.
- ECO mode for energy saving – Offers up to 97% efficiency to cut energy usage and cost. UPS power application via static bypass, timely returning to online double conversion when the need arises.
- Provides over-voltage cut-off protection and surge immunity by MOV for full-time equipment protection.
- High power factor charger up to 1000W capacity with very low ripple current when charging battery.
- Multi-functional LCD interface – Displays immediate, detailed information on input voltage, battery capacity, power status, battery status, operating status, and assessed backup runtime, etc.
- Smart battery charger design to optimize battery performance – Adjusts charging voltage according to outside temperatures and extends the useful service life of batteries.
|HID Compliant USB Port
|SNMP / HTTP Remote Monitoring
||Yes - Optional SNMP CARD
|Input Voltage Range
||80-150 VAC ± 5%@ 100% load
55-150 VAC ± 5%@ 50% load
Derate capacity to 80% when the output voltage is adjusted to 100VAC
|Input Frequency Range
||40 Hz ~ 70 Hz
|Rated Input current
|Input Power Factor
||≧ 0.99 @ nominal voltage (100% load)
|On Battery Waveform
|On Battery Frequency
||50/60Hz +/- 3 Hz
|Outlets - Total
||(8) NEMA 5-20R
|Outlets - Battery & Surge Protected
|Rated Power Factor
||≦2 % THDv(Linear Load)
≦ 4 % THDv (Non-linear Load)
|Transfer Time(AC to Batt.)
|Transfer Time(Inverter to Bypass)
|Runtime at Half Load (min)
|Runtime at Full Load (min)
|Battery Pack Voltage
|Typical Recharge Time
||3 hours recover to 95% capacity@2A
Max charger current 8A
|Extended Battery Module
|Replacement Battery Pack
|Replacement Battery Pack Quantity
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
||8.80 x 43.80 x 51.00 cm
(3.46 x 17.24 x 20.08 in.)
||21.10 kg ( 46.48 lb )
|Temperature (Operating / Storage)
||0–40°C (non-condensing) / -20 – 50°C
|Humidity (Operating & Storage)
||20–90 % RH / 10% – 95%(No condensing)
|Audible noise at 1M from surface of unit
||Less than 50dB
||VCCI, BSMI, FCC Class A, RoHS
||1x Rack Mounting Kit
1x Rail Slide Kit
1x RS-232 Cable
1x USB Type A to B Cable
1x Tower Stand Set
||For some of rack mount products, please note that the standard physical dimensions of WxDxH are expressed using a LxWxH format.